Khatuna Sandroshvili’s Online Public Lecture
On December 25, Khatuna Sandroshvili, UNDP Innovation Specialist, delivered an online public lecture for the students of the Doctorate Program in Business Administration at Caucasus International University. The topic of the public lecture was:
Innovations in Academic, Public and Private Sector”
This is the list of the issues which were emphasized by Khatuna Sandroshvili:
- Academic research and its importance;
- Lack of overlap between academic and private sector/public sector (academic sector finds it difficult to identify problems - private sector does not know what academic sector can do - applied perspective);
- Space for cooperation (Czech example);
- How much has the pandemic changed this attitude;
- Georgian examples – Covider;
- A brief overview of the service model based on design principles (user centered design);
- Social Impact Bonds – Georgian examples;
- Example of a social responsibility model (Rustavi waste recycling model);
- Urban hub - innovation hub as a space for inter-sectoral cooperation (Rustavi example);
- Innovative methods - foresight, behavioral science, research - quantitative/qualitative unity.
The lecture was held in the mode of a discussion and deserved the approval of the doctoral students.
It has been decided that in the future, in agreement with the audience, if the doctoral students are interested, Khatuna Sandroshvili will hold a lecture again to provide more detailed information on any of the issues discussed.