Caucasus International University is pleased to announce admission to the following doctoral programs:
- Doctoral Program in Law (tuition fees per year - 3000 GEL) – a precondition for admission – Knowledge of English on B2 level; Master’s Degree in Law – 15 vacant places;
- Doctoral Program in Political Science (tuition fees per year - 3000 GEL) – a precondition for admission –English proficiency on B2 level – 15 vacant places.
Candidates of Caucasus International University Doctoral Educational Programs for 2019-2020 academic year must submit the documents from September 2 to September 13, 2019, to Scientific Researches Department, room 79a.
Examination of English language B2 level will be held at the University Life-Long Learning Service, Doctoral Program in Political Science on September 18, 2019, and Doctoral Program in Law - on September 19, 2019.
Please see the PDF File
The interviews with the committee will be held at the appropriate Offices of the Dean of the faculties, Doctoral Program in Political Science on September 19, 2019, and Doctoral Program in Law - on September 20, 2019.
In order to enroll in the Doctoral Program, candidates must submit an application to the university Rector and the following documents must be attached:
- A candidate’s autobiography (data about education and work experience), CV;
- A cover letter related to the research topic;
- Notarized copies of MA diploma and its supplement (the University is entitled in accordance with the legislation to request the applicant or a student already enrolled to submit a document on recognition of diploma. The failure to submit a document on recognition of diploma within a reasonable time is the basis for enrollment refusal or invalidation of the enrolled doctoral student);
- A copy of ID (passport);
- Two letters of reference from relevant field specialists;
- A photo printed and electronic version (on CD disk), size 3X4 cm;
- A document verifying military draft registration (for male citizens only);
- English Language B2 certificate. Candidates who have completed undergraduate or postgraduate program where the language of instruction was English are exempted form the certificate. A candidate who cannot provide English language proficiency certificate has to take English language examination at CIU Life-Long Learning Service;
- An explanatory letter stating that the applicant is not enrolled in a doctoral program of any higher educational institution.
- A document verifying at least 6-month work experience.
In case of indicating scientific publications and participation in conferences, a candidate willing to become enrolled in the doctoral program has to submit the copies of appropriate materials.
A contestant whose native language is not Georgian and who wants to study on the educational program offered in the Georgian language has to provide Georgian language proficiency (B2 level) certificate.
Prerequisites for Admission to Contest Interview
- A candidate, who submits all the registration documents within the given deadlines, meets the doctoral program admission requirements and successfully passes English language exam (or has Internationally acknowledged certificate) is allowed to be interviewed;
- The doctoral candidate will be interviewed on nomination by the Doctoral Program Coordinator before the selection committee created by the Decree of the University Rector.
- The doctoral coordinator or the doctoral program supervisor submits the candidate's personal data and a motivation letter concerning the research topic to the Committee. The relevance and significance of the selected topic must be stated in the cover letter.
- The person shall be considered enrolled in the doctoral studies if the majority of the members supported him/her by the open vote.
- When enrolling in Doctoral Program the following information will be taken into consideration:
- Having scientific publications;
- Participation in scientific conferences;
- Other documents and materials related to study/research activities (certificates, diplomas, patents, etc.).
In case of successful interviewing, a candidate will be admitted to the relevant doctoral program. Information about admission will be announced on September 24, 2019.
Autumn semester of 2019-2020 academic year will start on October 7, 2019, for students of doctoral programs.