CIU is pleased to announce admission to Doctoral Program in Political Science
Caucasus International University is pleased to announce admission to Doctoral Program in Political Science (Annual tuition fees - 3000 GEL) – Precondition for admission – knowledge of English on B2 level – 5 vacancies.
Candidates applying for Doctoral Educational Program can submit documents to Doctoral Program Coordinator (room # 58) from January 28 to February 8, 2019.
B2 level English Language Diagnostic test will be held at the University Life-Long Learning Service on February 11, 2019. The interview with the committee will be conducted on February 12, 2019.
In order to enroll in the Doctoral Program, the contestant must submit a statement addressed to the Rector of the University. The statement must be accompanied by:
- The contestant’s autobiography (employment and educational information), CV.
- A cover letter related to the research topic.
- Notarized copies of Master's or equivalent degree diploma and its supplement (the University has the right in accordance with the legislation to request the applicant or a student already enrolled to submit a document on recognition of diploma. The failure to submit a document on recognition of diploma within a reasonable time is the basis for enrollment refusal or invalidation of enrolled doctoral student).
- A copy of the identity card (passport).
- Two recommendations of the relevant field specialists.
- Photos, printed and electronic version (on CD disk), size 3 3X4 (cm).
- A copy of a valid certificate or a military ticket (for military liability).
- B2 level English language Certificate. A person who has completed the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Program in English language is exempted from the certificate. A person who cannot submit English language proficiency Certificate has to take an exam at CIU Life-Long Learning Service.
- Explanation that the applicant is not enrolled in the doctoral program at some other higher education institution or that he/she was not refused the enrollment in the doctoral program at some other higher education institution.
- A document verifying at least 6-month working experience.
- In case of indicating scientific publications and participation in conferences in the data on education and employment, a doctoral program applicant must submit copies of these materials.
- A Doctoral Program candidate whose native language is not Georgian and who wants to study in Georgian shall submit a Georgian language proficiency certificate (B2 level).
Prerequisites for Admission to Contest Interview
- A candidate, who submits all the registration documents within the given deadlines, meets the doctoral program admission requirements and successfully passes English language exam (or has Internationally acknowledged certificate) is allowed to be interviewed.
- The doctoral candidate will be interviewed on nomination by the Doctoral Program Coordinator before the selection committee created by order of the University Rector.
- The doctoral coordinator or the doctoral program supervisor submits the candidate's personal data and a motivation letter concerning the research topic to the Committee. The relevance and the significance of the selected topic must be stated in the cover letter.
- The person shall be considered enrolled in the doctoral studies if the majority of the members supported him/her by the open vote.
- When enrolling in Doctoral Program the following information will be taken into consideration:
- Having scientific publications;
- Participation in scientific conferences;
- Other documents and materials related to study / research activities (certificates, diplomas, patents, etc.).
In case of successful interviewing, a candidate will be admitted to the relevant doctoral program. Information about admission will be announced till February 15, 2019.