Caucasus International University is pleased to announce admission to the Doctoral Program in Business administration.
Evaluation Criteria for Applicants’ Knowledge:
In order to be enrolled on the Doctoral Program, a contestant must submit an application to the Rector of the University and enclose the following documents:
• A Candidate’s autobiography (information about education and work experience), “CV”;
• Notarized copies of MA Diploma or its equivalent academic degree and supplement (The University is entitled to request from the applicant or enrolled Ph.D. student a recognition document of the Diploma in accordance with the legislation. If an applicant cannot present a recognition document within the reasonable deadline, it can serve as the basis for denying admission or annulling enrollment);
• A copy of ID/passport;
• A photo ¾, printed and electronic version (on CD disk);
• A document verifying military draft registration (for male students);
• English proficiency certificate of B2 level. An individual who has graduated from a BA or MA program where the language of instruction was English does not have to submit a language proficiency certificate. In case of no certificate, an applicant has to take an English exam at the University Language Centre;
• A written explanation that an applicant is not enrolled in any doctoral degree program of other higher educational institution;
• A cover letter related to the research topic;
• Two letters of reference from appropriate academic circles (In case of having work experience in the field of the program, one letter of recommendation from the relevant academic sphere should be provided, the other one from the employing company or organization).
• Research topic project which includes:
• Significance of the research topic;
• The scientific and practical value of the topic considered;
• Methods through which research and analysis will be conducted;
• Reasonable anticipation / expectations.
After enrollment, a contestant is allowed to change the subject matter of the project completely or partially, depending on a doctoral student’s interests.
In case of indicating scientific publications and the participation in conferences in the submitted documents, the applicant must submit copies of the above-mentioned materials.
Doctoral program applicant, whose native tongue is not Georgian and who wants to study on Doctoral Program in Business Administration offered in Georgian, must submit the Georgian language proficiency certificate (B2 level).
A precondition to being admitted to the interview
• The contestant, who submits all the required registration documentation within the given deadline and meets the prerequisites for the Doctoral Program, in addition, successfully passes the English language examination (or will have an internationally recognized certificate), will be admitted to the interview;
• A doctoral candidate is interviewed by the committee on the nomination of Doctoral Coordinator in accordance with the University Rector’s Order;
• The doctoral coordinator or supervisor of the doctoral program must submit application data, the cover letter, letters of references and the research topic project to the committee. The significance of the topic should be stated in the cover letter.
• A contestant shall be considered as admitted to a doctoral degree program if the majority of the committee members support him/her during voting.
The following will be taken into consideration when enrolling on the Doctoral program:
• Scientific publications;
• Participation in scientific conferences;
• Other documents and materials connected with academic/research activities (certificates, patents, etc.).
The applicant will be enrolled in the doctoral program after the successful interview.
Spring semester of 2019-2020 academic year for doctoral program students will commence on March 16, 2020.